Monday, June 05, 2006

The Library Chronicles: Eight Great Things...

I'm writing this from the library at Denver Seminary. I've been here for over 7 hours, looking over books, trying to narrow down the ones to take home (since I'm from a different school, I am only allowed 5 at a time). These are the long, grueling days of study that I'm often tempted to complain about. But let's put things in perspective, shall we?

1. I am sitting in a beautiful library, surrounded by a wealth of books, using an expensive laptop, and doing it all because I have the opportunity for an education that most of the world would give an arm and a leg for.
2. I drove a car to get here, and had food to eat during those 7 hours.
3. I ran into a fellow student- a crackup of a girl- and was reminded of how much I love the community of people I study with. Plus, it was such a random bonus for God to send a random friend to me, in Denver nonetheless, in the middle of a rather isolated week.
4. Though it was kind of bad timing, I've gotten calls from friends and family alike while I've been here. Plenty of email-age, too. I have such a rich store of relationships.
5. More than a chance to get a Master's degree, it is an incredible blessing just to say that I can read and write (I originally misspelled "write" there- go figure)!
6. I got here a little bit late today. Why? Because I was able to meet up with an old college friend for lunch.
7. It is just about the most beautiful evening ever! Should make for a nice, long drive.
8. After all this time here, I still feel focused and alert. After my years of struggle on medication, that is HUGE!

Yes, I do look forward to the end of this stressful stretch of time. But in the meantime, I've sure got a lot to smile about!

No comments: